WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU RESERVE AND PAY FOR YOUR TUBE RENTALS AND SHUTTLE PASSES ONLINE!
You will be charged a small extra processing fee if you do not have a reservation!
If you must cancel for any reason you must do so online at least 2 hours before your reservation time to receive a refund. This gives others the chance to pick your time slot. If you do not cancel within the time allotted, you will not be refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and ask for your patience as we while we transition together into a new system to help protect our customers and employees.
What are the prices?
- $22 per tube rental, which includes all day access to our tubes and shuttle service! (Get $2 off per tube using the promo code: Earlybird)
- $12 for unlimited shuttle service (if you are not renting tubes with us).
- We highly recommend booking online with us to rent a tube or to use the shuttle system. Using the promo code "earlybird" during the checkout process will save you $2 per tube!
Do you require a deposit?
- We require a $25 deposit per tube rented, via card used to make the reservation, or $25 dollars cash (up to $100 dollars cash) that will be returned after your float when all tube equipment has been turned in.
- If you have a group of 5 or more, you only need to leave a $100 deposit for the group. Must pay the rental fee as a group to qualify.
- We also require a $10 deposit for any life jackets rented.
What are the hours? When is the last shuttle pickup?
- We are open from 10am to 7pm Mon-Sun except on Thursdays, we are open 10am-8pm for Late-Night Thursdays.
- This excludes the month of May and September when we are only open weekends
- The last shuttle pick up 30 minutes before we close.
Do we have to wear life vests?
- It is not mandatory to wear a life vest but we highly recommend them for all children and for adults that are not confident strong swimmers, or for people that plan on shooting the Rio Vista Dam.
- We offer rental life jackets as well as for sale in our shop.
Is there an age limit?
- We do not currently have an age limit to float, but to rent equipment from us you must be 18 years or older.
What is the river like?
- The San Marcos River is a natural river system that begins from an underground source in San Marcos at Spring Lake and flows 72 degrees and crystal clear year-round.
- With any natural river system there comes wildlife such as fish, turtles, aquatic plants, herons, egrets, ducks, and yes, snakes! The snakes won’t bother you unless you bother them and it is unlikely they will be out during the day anyway.
- With the wildlife listed above we also have 8 known endangered species that live within our river system. Some of which you may be able to spot like the most visible, the Texas Wild Rice. Take note of it’s beautiful grasslike bunches that are nestled here and there along the float!
- ****Please do not interfere with our aquatic plants and animals as some are endangered and are a sensitive part of our ecosystem.
How long is the float?
- The float from our location at City Park down to Rio Vista Park is approximately an hour long, but you are welcome to float with us all day long until we close!
Where is the Lions Club Tube Rental located? What River are you on?
- Lions Club Tube Rental is located in City Park in San Marcos, right down river from the Headwaters of the San Marcos River.
- 170 Charles Austin Drive, San Marcos, Texas 78666
Is alcohol allowed?
- You are allowed to have alcohol while you float but it is unlawful to consume alcohol in any of the San Marcos city parks.
- You are not allowed to possess Glass or Styrofoam inside of the San Marcos River or in any of the city parks (this is a state law for all Texas parks and rivers).
Can we bring our own tubes?
- Absolutely! We provide self-service air hoses for a small fee if you bring your own tubes.
- With the purchase of a shuttle pass, we can transport your personal tubes on our shuttles AT YOUR OWN RISK.
What is allowed on the river? Is there a Can-Ban?
- San Marcos does not currently have a can-ban in place but you are NOT allowed to have any type of GLASS or STYROFOAM in any of the city parks or inside of the San Marcos River according to City and State law.
Is there an entrance fee? Do we have to pay for parking?
- We do not charge an entry fee, we only charge for the use of our equipment and services.
- Currently parking is free within the designated Park access parking lots.
Do we need to make reservations?
- It is HIGHLY recommended, if you reserve online to rent a tube or to use the shuttle system you will pay in advance and enter all of the necessary information. That way when you arrive, you can just give us the name of the reservation or QR code and we can check you in and get you your wristbands within a minute or two.
- If you do not make a reservation, we will charge a small extra processing fee because we will then have to sit with you to collect all of the necessary payment, the booking information, and THEN finally process the reservation and check you in and get you your wristbands. Which can take several minutes.
What are the policies regarding weather?
- It is our policy to shut down rentals if there is lightning within 10 miles of our location. We will shut down for at least 60 minutes from when we get an alert of lightning in the area.
- We will potentially shut down the operation if the lightning or storm persists.
- This policy is for the safety of not only our customers but for our employees that are essential in keeping the operation functioning.
What discounts do you offer?
- Military receive $1 off of their rental equipment with military ID present.
- We offer Large Group Discounts which you can get quoted on by giving us a call at 512-396-5466 or shooting us an email at email@example.com.
- We have a Locals Discount if you live within any of the zip codes listed below you can rent a tube and get the next half off. *applies only on weekdays and excludes holidays.
- Local area discount zip codes:
78661 (Prairie Lea)
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash or card for both rental and deposit fees, and we accept Apple and Google pay for purchasing merchandise.
Are dogs allowed in the parks? Are they allowed on the shuttle?
- Dogs are allowed in city parks as long as they are leashed at all times.
- Dogs are allowed on the shuttles as long as they are leashed and our employees are allowed to pet and/or take pictures of them!
Do you have different sized tubes?
- We have a set size for our rental tubes but we offer tubes with or without a bottom.
- We have different sized tubes for sale in our shop depending on what suits you (headrests, cupholders, small children’s floats, etc.)
Do you rent anything else besides the tubes?
- We currently only rent tubes as our river recreation equipment.
- We do rent out lockers for valuables and life jackets for kids and adults.